Just found this delightful winter beverage. The warming spices help the body adapt to cold temperatures. If I had a wood stove, I’d leave the pot brewing because it fills the house with a wonderful spicy aroma.
Besides detoxing the liver, this tea is also great for:
1) Improving digestion and aids weight loss
2) Purifies bladder and kidneys
3) Reduces the risk of urinary tract infections
4) Contains calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium, vitamins B and C.
5) Purifies the blood, regulate blood sugar and improves blood circulation
. 6) Eases bloating and aching joints
7) Best hangover cure
Here is the recipe:
1-2 handfuls of roasted dandelion roots
4-8 cups water
*** tsp cinnamon
*** tsp ginger
*** tsp cardamom
*** tsp black pepper
*** tsp cloves
*** tsp nutmeg
1 splash vanilla (optional)
Add one to two handfuls of roasted dandelion roots to a medium-large saucepan of water. Add spices (amounts are approximate - adjust according to taste.) Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off heat, add vanilla, if desired, and allow to steep as long as possible. I leave mine overnight. If it is too strong, just add water. Reheat, if necessary, and serve hot.
Great with unsweetened almond milk and or a few drops of stevia.