1. Eliminate stimulants. To get your metabolism and digestion working like magic, the first important thing is to avoid the highly addictive foods, that are also taking up all of your energy to digest it, such as meat, refined sugars, all processed foods and yes- alcohol.
2. Get your Green on. Green smoothies (that is 50% greens, like kale and parsley, 50% fruits and some water) are full of chlorophyll and fibre to renew your weak blood cells and help rid of the old ones.
3. Fibre it up. Speaking of fibre in smoothies, this is big part of detoxing, as that is exactly what you need for elimination. Eat plenty of whole foods, especially cabbage, broccoli, apricots, papaya, etc.
4. Sweat it out. Be it a sauna, Bikram yoga, hot tub or exercise, get those pores opened up and eliminating toxins via perspiration.
5. Mineralise. We have become so deficient in minerals, that not only have we forgotten the requirement for us to function well, but what our bodies are actually made of! Start by adding Superfoods, such as Spirulina, Goji Berries and Camu Camu (Vitamic C!!) to your diet.
Tanya has the right idea to start the new year! To read more visit her site, Better Raw.com
I will be starting the 10 day Master Cleanse soon. However, this a great way to prepare for it.